Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holidays, Bedding, and Bellies

Sorry, I haven't made time through the holidays to post, so I have a lot to say and show.

Brandon and I had a wonderful Christmas. We spoiled each other like we always do. Brandon got me 12 wrapped presents plus stocking stuffers, and I got Brandon 10 wrapped presents plus stocking stuffers and a bowflex home gym that we ordered on Christmas day. Brandon used his new camcorder he got for his birthday to film the first Christmas Miles was here eventhough he hasn't been properly introduced yet. Brandon got me several Little Golden Books along with a nursery rhyme book to read Miles when he gets here. Below is our Christmas tree with our presents to each other we wrapped the night before and a photo of us on Christmas morning.

Brandon and Lisa's Christmas Presents from each other
Brandon and Lisa on Christmas Morning

We celebrated Christmas morning at our house and then traveled to Houston to visit my family on the 26th-28th. We celebrated my nephew's, Kyler, 8th birthday on December 27th. Kyler was also baptized on the 28th which we were happy to be there to see him. We celebrated Christmas at the Wolfson's on the evening of the 28th. Several family members and friends had presents for Miles this year which completely surprised me.

Mile's Christmas Presents
Now, about the bedding, I had a change of heart. When the bedding we ordered came in, I was a little disappointed because the colors were more pastel than I thought they would be. We wanted something that looks a little more boyish. We tried to think of ways the we could get around it by buying different curtains or bedskirt but finally decided to look around some more. We found another bedding set from Pottery Barn that has brighter colors. It is called "A to Z". I don't know why I didn't look at Pottery Barn before. We ordered the new bedding, and it came in yesterday evening. We absolutely love it! I was hesitant to write anything about the possible change on the blog until I was sure that this was it. And it is. I love the different accents on the quilt and bumper. It will make it so easy to coordinate wall art and accessories because it has animals, vehicles, and other miscellaneous items on it such as X-ray for X. It has unique accents like the lettuce on the sandwich is a green and white checked ruffle and the frog is catching a fly with its tongue.

A to Z Bedding
Close-up of Quilt

Now, about the belly and what's inside it...I am 23 weeks and 2 days today. Time seems to be speeding by since we had the ultrasound and found out we were going to have a boy. I made Brandon take photos of my belly last night because I am convinced that any day now my belly button is going to popped out. It is still slightly indented right now, but after I eat, it gets mighty flat. So far, everything is going great with the pregnancy. Miles is kicking a lot, and he is not afraid to let me know any time I am intruding on his space. He kicks at my waistband a lot. We start child birth classes on Monday Jan 5 at 6:00. Our next doctor's appointment is Jan 12. So far it appears that I have gained slightly less than 20 pounds according to my prepregnancy weight that I recorded in my journal which is different than the doctor's by a few pounds. My waist is now 33 inches. I think I will be probably really big by the time Miles is ready to make his appearance. Brandon and I bought some furniture last week and while we were checking out we ran into a pregnant lady that is due the same time as me. Her belly looked half the size of mine. She was taller than me so maybe her baby has a little more room.

Lisa at 23 Weeks and 1 day
Well, I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Wish us luck -- we are now trying to pick out and buy baby furniture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see I am going to have to get this kid an MSU jersey HA!!

Our First Baby said...

Hey Keri, it has been awhile and I am a bad first time blogger sometimes I forget to look to see if someone posted a comment. My email address is lisa.wolfson@dynetics.com. Send me your email address by email and I'll try to keep up with you better.