Thursday, October 16, 2008

12 Weeks and Counting

I went to the doctor yesterday. Everything thing is still looking good. I had gained two pounds since my last appointment. All tests looked good.The nurse had no trouble picking up the sound of the baby's heart beat with doppler. The heart beat was 154 beats per minute. Due to travel with work, my next appointment is postponed until I am beginning my 18th week.

My belly is definitely starting to show -- a button popped off my pants yesterday. The doctor made hand gestures indicating 1) how big my uterus was -- it appeared to be the size of two grapefruits side by side and 2) how big the baby was -- it appeared to be the size of a medium egg.

My mom and dad spent the night with us last night and brought maternity clothes that my cousin Lauren is letting me borrow. Ellie Dudly sent me her maternity clothes last week. They both are helping us out a lot by letting me borrow them -- it will save us a lot of money and we really appreciate it.

Right now, if I wear maternity pants they seem to slide down all day. I need to remember to keep trying to get the Bella Band Ellie suggested. Brandon and I went by Target this weekend to see if they sold them in the store since they had them on-line but no luck. Target had Bio Oil, though. In Fit Pregnancy magazine, it says it helps prevent stretch marks if started in the first trimester. Brandon is in awe of my weakness to advertising propagada.

No comments: