Friday, October 24, 2008

The Second Trimester is Here!



This past Thursday marked the beginning of my second trimester. The resources say the baby is the size of a clenched fist. I have gained 5.2 lbs so far. My lower back is starting to hurt slightly from my pelvis spreading -- or so I am told. I just thought my lower back was hurting temporarily, as it sometimes does, but then after a couple days, Brandon and I read in the daily journal that it was due to stress on the lower back from the pelvis moving. The discomfort comes and goes. I have noticed my belly more. When reaching for something, I get this weird "you shouldn't do that" feeling on the sides of my abdomen -- especially when reaching for something in the back seat of the car.

We took photos last night of my profile, but I was tired and grumpy in addition to being unable to hold a naturally happy look for the camera, so this photo was the best of them (probably best out of 25 -- poor Brandon). I was actually shocked at how big my belly looked. I thought it was just me that could see it and that I needed to provide hand gestures to indicate the location of the bulge or the person I was talking to wouldn't understand where they should be looking -- man, self image is so delusional and disorienting.

No comments: